Remote Ruby on Rails Developer
Kevin works as web developer who had been working extensively with Ruby on Rails since 2012.
Currently, he is working remotely on several on-going projects for some clients based in the United States.
Beside Ruby on Rails, his experiences and skill sets are:
- Experience to work remotely since 2012. Mostly, he works with clients or the team based in United States.
- Refactoring the flow and the codes. It’s one of his favorite.
- Performance benchmarking and optimization. Also, one of his favorite.
- Build AMP pages from existing HTML pages of a Ruby on Rails application.
- Shopify liquid template customization.
- Rspec combined with Capybara and Selenium to automate the integration testing.
- RVM and rbenv. Those two were his favorite ruby management tools, especially RVM.
- Capistrano for deployment.
- PHP both native and using framework like CakePHP, Zend, or PHPFox.
- WordPress customization. Both themes and plugins.
- DevOps with AWS, Jenkins and Capistrano
- AWS Management: EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, and others. Both setting up, working and maintaining.
- Heroku and their awesome add-ons. One of his favorite.
- Digital Ocean droplets set up and operation.
- HTML and CSS, along with Bootstrap framework from version 2 until 4.
- Working on UNIX environment, especially Ubuntu. Used to work with OSX too.
- Working with MySQL and PostgreSQL. Though had a chance to work with MongoDB a little bit.
- Working with Git version control. Bitbucket and Github are one of his closest allies.
- Though he used to work with SVN too, in the old times. In fact, he is still using this for publishing some simple plugins on WordPress.org
- Playing with sinatra framework.
- Setting up static sites on Netlify. They had great services
- Setting up and configuring MailChimp API, Automatic A/B Split Test for e-mail campaign, and do custom integration with OptinMonster service.
- Writing Rake script to scrape other site (with permission from the site's owner, of course)
His plate is full now.
Unfortunately, he did not have an idea how long he can accept a new project.
But if you insisted, then just follow him on Twitter
Or, if you need the service for your project right now, you can go with my partner Polar Mass - a web design agency based on San Diego
Go to Sitemap page and bookmark it to check latest updates